Mobile Security Tips
- Enable the password and auto-lock functions on your device.
- Clear your device frequently by deleting text messages and/or emails containing
personal information, especially before sharing or selling your device.
- Never disclose any personal information via text message or email, such as account
information, login ID/Password, etc.
- Keep you device's operating system and applications updated and configured to manufacturer
- Do not install hacked or "jailbreak" versions of the operating system or applications
on your device.
- Don't bank or shop online while using unsecured, public WiFi access.
- Only install trusted applications that are from reputable sources and organizations.
- Report any banking application that appears to be malicious right away.
Common Mobile Fraud
Your mobile device can be a target for fraudsters. If you receive any SMS (text)
message that you have not requested or are expecting, please contact the sender
to confirm the authenticity of the message.
Bank of American Fork will never solicit your personal information by phone, auto-dialer,
text message, email or by providing links within an email requesting that you update
your information. You will not receive any email notification asking you to click
a link or visit a website to unlock/un-suspend your account or to provide any private
information unless otherwise requested by you through the online banking password
self-reset feature. If you receive an email or phone call requesting confidential
information from someone claiming to represent Bank of American Fork, please do
Please be aware of these types of phishing scams designed to obtain information
Common schemes by fraudsters are to offer free or cheap ring tones, the chance to
win fantastic prizes or fraudulent financial applications to gain access to your
mobile device. These methods are used by fraudsters to install malicious programs,
such as keylogger, Trojan, malware or spyware, to gather personal information from
a mobile device.
Report Fraud or Suspicious
Read more about security on our blog.